[rdfweb-dev] advocating use of rdf:ID/rdf:aboutattributesonfoaf:Person tags

Jim Ley jim at jibbering.com
Mon Aug 18 15:33:36 UTC 2003

"Bill Kearney" <wkearney99 at hotmail.com>
> I'm not arguing that one is better than the other.  I'm suggesting that
> arguments against URI durability are weak, at best.

The argument is not against durability, but against the failure scenario
when the URI fails, it leaves all other documents pointing at a different
Person, foaf:mbox or foaf:mbox_sha1sum  do not suffer that problem, as they
are defined in such a way as to make that impossible, if you can define the
URI in the same way I'd be interested, (although still wouldn't be willing
to give myself one) but I don't see how you can with http:// at least.

Jim.