[rdfweb-dev] advocating use of rdf:ID / rdf:about attributes on foaf:Person tags

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Mon Aug 18 22:26:42 UTC 2003

On Sun, Aug 17, 2003 at 03:55:26AM -0000, Jim Ley wrote:

> For your birthDate, I think you need to specify more than "normally in ..."
> because that's not really useful unless we can rely on it to actually be in
> that format, specifying ISO 8601 would make more sense.

Given previously-voiced concerns, we'd probably want to have birthDay
(mm-dd) and birthYear (yyyy). We'd also want to settle on one particular
profile of ISO 8601 (e.g., do we include separators such as the hyphens
between month and day?). Possibly even time of day.

Peter

--
Peter Saint-Andre
Jabber Software Foundation