[rdfweb-dev] Message routing

Jonathan Greensted jonathan.greensted at sentient.co.uk
Tue Aug 19 14:52:00 UTC 2003

Hello RDF-ers

I have this vague feeling that we need some kind of messaging mechanism built
into FOAF.

Consider a scenario where I'm a member of Ecademy and my FOAF data has been
published to the outside world.  The FOAF file contains my name and my
mbox_sha1sum.

It would be very handy for someone else to be able to route a message to me via
Ecademy.  This would direct people to Ecademy (good for Ecademy) and keep my
email address private (good for me).

Is there an existing mechanism to handle/support this or should we spin off
into the world of Web Services at the point?

J.