[rdfweb-dev] Message routing

Jim Ley jim at jibbering.com
Tue Aug 19 15:15:56 UTC 2003

"Jonathan Greensted" <jonathan.greensted at sentient.co.uk>
> I have this vague feeling that we need some kind of messaging mechanism
built
> into FOAF.

FOAF as an RDF vocabulary can't do it, you may well need some extra RDF
properties (e.g. willingToPutPeopleInContact etc.) but on the vocab level
there's little relevance.

There's certainly a place for a message routing service, that consumes FOAF
data and then shows paths between any 2 people to be able to do the
introductions etc.  but routings through the foaf network is a pretty tough
job unless you have full knowledge of the system - there's probably some
good research on it in the WiFi ad-hoc routing world.

however as a solution of how to contact you through ecademy, then how
exactly does someone contact you through ecademy?  as it could simply be a
ecademy:contactVia="..." which doesn't need any message routing, but simply
provides people with a means to contact you.  abstracting that to a general
case may be possible, but I'd need to know a lot more about how such contact
would work.

Jim.