[rdfweb-dev] Message routing

Dave Smith dizzyd at jabber.org
Tue Aug 19 23:59:35 UTC 2003

On Tuesday, Aug 19, 2003, at 09:48 America/Denver, Jonathan Greensted
wrote:

>> From a quick glance it looks like Jabber requires the endpoints to be
>> known and
> doesnt immediately support endpoint de-referencing.   Could someone
> show me how
> to use Jabber to allow two people to communicate without revealing
> their
> endpoint addresses.

I do think that messaging is out of scope for FOAF, but if you want
Jabber to exchange data between parties without having either party
know the other's "true" JID, take a look at text-conferencing (JEP-45).
Text-based conferencing in Jabber supports users participating in a
chat "room" knowing only an alias for other user's JIDs -- the server
acts as a go between and rewrites the addresses on the fly.

I'm on some good medicine right now, so feel free to ask for
clarifications ;)

Diz