[rdfweb-dev] RDF & Wikis

Danny Ayers danny666 at virgilio.it
Wed Aug 20 09:23:55 UTC 2003

Hi folks,

Main reason for this mail is to see if anyone had an RDF/OWL vocabulary
specifically for Wikis, and to pick brains for ideas. I'm currently thinking
of having a class WikiDocument (or somesuch). Instances will use the URI of
the page online, and will have properties including the URI of the Wikitext
format source file, the literal WikiWord and a big pile of datetime stamps.
But if someone's already got stuff like this, I might as well reuse it.

I've not started on the RDF side yet, but have been playing with some Wiki
code (Java) for a few days, modifying some bare-bones stuff Charles Miller
(the fishbowl) had done.

A mod I've done already that may be of interest here is to allow the simple
insertion of a "WikiWhiteboard" using SVG. I'm trying to get a live Wiki
online, but the host I'm using has Resin for servlets/JSP and I've been
using Tomcat, so it's a little tangly.

I've just put the code up at sourceforge in the JemBlog cvs - apart from
being convenient, I'm now thinking that an RDF-enhanced Wiki would make a
good alternate approach to Semantic Blogging. To use for writing blog
entries the interfaces/permissions would just be narrowed down a bit. For
display an RQL (I'm using Jena) query pulls out the last 10 posts or
whatever.

Cheers,
Danny.

Initial blog post: