[rdfweb-dev] fwd: Announce: Drive version 3.0

Dan Brickley danbri at w3.org
Sat Aug 23 18:59:48 UTC 2003

looks like progress :)

----- Forwarded message from Rahul Singh <kingtiny at DriveRDF.org> -----

From: Rahul Singh <kingtiny at DriveRDF.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 21:44:05 -0400
To: www-rdf-interest at w3.org, drive-discuss at yahoogroups.com
Subject: Announce: Drive version 3.0

Hi all,

I just uploaded version 3.0 of the Drive RDF Parser toolkit at
http://www.DriveRDF.org. This release comes with lots of new stuff and
some changes to the API. Most notable are the following.

1. Added an NTriple Parser and associated collections
2. Added overloads for the ParseRdf method to allow parsing RDF/XML from
a variety of sources
3. Graphs can be merged from multiple Sources
4. New Collection class RdfEdgeList
5. Changed the RdfEdgeCollection to allow easier access to the edges in
the collection
6. Added Edges property to the Graph to allow edge centric access to the
graph
7. Passes all positive RDF Parser tests
8. Generates errors for all RDF Negative parser tests
9. Fixes numerous bugs

For a full list of changes see the Drive Changelog at
http://www.driverdf.org/changelog/ChangeLog.html.

This release has some changes to the API and may break some code out
there. I have tried to keep the changes to a minimum and consequently
any breaks in your code can be fixed by a line or two. If you have any
questions about the changes feel free to email me and I'll be happy to
help out.

I would like to thank everyone who sent me feedback, bug reports,
feature requests, encouragement and bits and pieces of code.

I also added a few new features to the Drive RDF Browser and that is
available for download as well. I'll be adding some more articles and
documentation to the site in a few days about details of how some of the
things in Drive work.

All in all I hope this is a big step towards a mature API for RDF
Processing in C# and .NET.

Cheers,

Rahul Singh
kingtiny at DriveRDF.org