[rdfweb-dev] Re: Syntactic profiling (FOAF document formats)

Victor Lindesay victor at vicsoft.co.uk
Thu Aug 28 07:32:40 UTC 2003

A restricted syntax, ie a FOAF format backed by an XML Schema, will be
able to be consumed as both RDF and XML with 100% reliability. The
schema guarantees XML interop by definition and the mandatory RDF
elements and attributes will guarantee RDF interop. Anyway the proof is
in the pud. When foafML is published, we will find out whether interop
is an issue.

Some hard core RDF people may be averse to any XML processing in FOAF,
but fortunately the RDF software they write is not. An RDF agent does
not know or care how that RDF is produced or the style of RDF / XML
serialisation. All it cares about is the triples.