[rdfweb-dev] Re: Syntactic profiling (FOAF document formats)

Edd Dumbill edd at usefulinc.com
Thu Aug 28 09:09:09 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2003-08-28 at 08:32, Victor Lindesay wrote:
> A restricted syntax, ie a FOAF format backed by an XML Schema, will be
> able to be consumed as both RDF and XML with 100% reliability. The
> schema guarantees XML interop by definition and the mandatory RDF
> elements and attributes will guarantee RDF interop.

I'm afraid you might be disappointed.  Not only is there less than
perfect interoperability between W3C XML Schema implementations, but
there are various constructs that W3C XML Schema can't even express as
Leigh indicated earlier.

If you think RDF/XML is a political thing to impose, just try it with
W3C XML Schema...

-- Edd