[rdfweb-dev] Re: Syntactic profiling (FOAF document formats)

Victor Lindesay victor at vicsoft.co.uk
Thu Aug 28 17:35:30 UTC 2003

True Edd, XML Schema is not perfect. Tools and code do break down with
schemas that push the spec and concurrency is impossible to represent.
However it is a standard in wide use. Witness the giga-bytes of SOAP
document/literal messages consumed and produced by god knows what
toolkit every day, all critically dependent on the XML Schema of the
wire XML embedded in the WSDL. Had trouble hitting the Google or Amazon
web services recently with your SOAP toolkit? No, well that sounds like
a mature enough technology to me.

[Disclaimer - I do not advocate the use of SOAP with FOAF. We are
RESTful, aren't we...]