[rdfweb-dev] question:- how to: distanceFrom.....nearestAirpot ???

Niki Dinsey - CSW niki.dinsey at csw.co.uk
Wed Feb 5 14:10:23 UTC 2003

Hi there everybody,

My first post to the foaf mailing list although I have been lurking
about for a few months now on and off.

I've been pondering a question and I was wondering if anybody could help
me. When adding the nearestAirport element to my foaf file [1] I got a
map out (I live in Faringdon, south of Oxford, north of Swindon) and it
turns out the closest is Bristol... But I'm nearly an hour by car from
Bristol (lovely place though, used to live there a few years back when I
worked for Orange).

What I really want to do is be able to show the distance between the
airport and my home (about 72k).

Has anybody go an idea how I would be able to do this? Or even if it's a
good idea! I'm also using the Geo Positioning [2] vocab so does this
make my question irrelevant?

Any help would be gratefully appreciated! Oh and by the way it's nice to
meet you all :-)

Niks

[1] http://niki.dinsey.info/rdf/foaf.rdf
[2] http://www.w3.org/2003/01/geo/wgs84_pos#