[rdfweb-dev] Re: question:- how to: distanceFrom.....nearestAirpot???

Niki Dinsey - CSW niki.dinsey at csw.co.uk
Wed Feb 5 14:56:36 UTC 2003

Jim, Hi.

>Wouldn't that mean Swindon, or Brize Norton would be closer than BRS,
or
>Filton which is on the way...
>
>http://jibbering.com/2002/9/airports.svg?UK  has UK airports I know of
with
>IATA codes, and there are probably more...

I was, quite wrongly, going by this list [1], which only has BRS and LHR
etc. I didn't know about other listings. Thanks very much, I'll change
to Brize Norton as that's just down the road (don't I know it).

It does beg another question though, sorry if this is a little newbie
but how exactly is this vocabulary controlled?

See if I (now) have:

<wn:Airport air:icao="EGVN" air:iata="BZZ"/>

How does anybody know if these codes are correct? Is there an RDF
controlled list anywhere which can be checked against? Or is this just
left to chance?

Thanks for your quick reply Jim, I have found the correct codes and
amended my file.

Speak again soon I'm sure.

Niks

[1] http://www.megginson.com/samples/rdf/airports.rdf