[rdfweb-dev] referencing external rdf resources. Was:- question:-howto:distanceFrom.....nearestAirpot???

Niki Dinsey - CSW niki.dinsey at csw.co.uk
Wed Feb 5 16:35:46 UTC 2003

> as to if it would be "true" or not, that would also be up to you

:) well maybe I'll get to meet you in person sometime soon on the
conference rounds, maybe even at the summer school. I think I'll give
beerTokens a go next as I owe you a couple (did that ever get off the
ground?).

I'm trying to validate my foaf now and it's having a wobble about this
configuration, I'm you'll laugh at me because I'm sure I'm missing the
point somewhere.

This is what I want to say:

<contact:nearestAirport>
 <wn:Airport air:icao="EGVN" air:iata="BZZ"/>
 <rdfs:seeAlso rdf:resource="http://www.daml.org/cgi-bin/airport?EGVN"/>
 <rdfs:seeAlso rdf:resource="http://jibbering.com/rdf/airports.1?BZZ"/>
</contact:nearestAirport>

ARP (the online RDF validator at w3c) bombs at the first rdfs with
"general element start" error.
I've taken a look at your foaf file and it seems you don't reference
http://jibbering.com/rdf/airports.1. So am I to understand that this is
used internally from your svg tools when you see a wn:Airport+attributes
tag?

Am I barking up the wrong tree?

Once again, I must say thanks for all your help, if this is incorrect
then I'll leave it just the same as yours.

Cheers

Niks