[rdfweb-dev] Re: referencing external rdf resources. Was:- question:-howto:distanceFrom.....nearestAirpot???

Jim Ley jim at jibbering.com
Wed Feb 5 17:04:17 UTC 2003

"Niki Dinsey - CSW" <niki.dinsey=TjPRh57ScDpaa/9Udqfwiw at public.gmane.org>
wrote in message news:001701c2cd34$a28f50d0$d201010a at etamin...
> > as to if it would be "true" or not, that would also be up to you
>
> :) well maybe I'll get to meet you in person sometime soon on the
> conference rounds, maybe even at the summer school.

Well since I leave the foaf world for travelling the real world in just over
a week, it might be a little tough

> I've taken a look at your foaf file and it seems you don't reference
> http://jibbering.com/rdf/airports.1. So am I to understand that this is
> used internally from your svg tools when you see a wn:Airport+attributes
> tag?

That's right, what I look for in my RDF is triples of the type

?x nearest:Airport ?y

?y air:iata XYZ

and then I send the XYZ to my service, I'm trying to make services
inteligent, rather than trying to get everything into the triple store, as
having all the triples in the world in my little database would soon
overload.

Jim.