[rdfweb-dev] rss-tv

Matt Biddulph mb at picdiary.com
Tue Feb 11 10:51:42 UTC 2003

On Tue, Feb 11, 2003 at 10:50:03AM +0100, Danny Ayers wrote:
> Has anyone looked into making RSS feeds of TV schedules? I've had a google
> and can't find much apart from xmltv [1], and no sign of where the data
> comes from originally.
> I would be really handy to get a listing of the programmes on a channel,
> then drag items of interest into the 'Today' section of a PIM (or rather
> PKM).

XMLTV uses a feed from ananova for UK listings at URLs such as:
http://www.ananova.com/tv_listings/_xmltv.php?day=day0&c=248

[[ after annoucing version 0.2.7 on Freshmeat, which contained a
rewritten grabber for the Ananova site, I got a message from someone
working at that company offering to help! The current position is that
Ananova make available listings in machine-readable format, under the
same copyright and conditions as their ordinary web page. This format is
still a PITA to parse but it's a lot better than plain web pages. ]]
 -- http://membled.com/work/apps/xmltv/presentation/07history.html

I used to work with the Ananova employee mentioned, he's a very nice
guy.

Cheers,
Matt.