[rdfweb-dev] locations?

Dougal Campbell dougal at g...
Fri Jan 3 21:34:31 UTC 2003

On Fri, 3 Jan 2003, Bill Kearney wrote:

> There are better Dublin Core positioning elements that could be used.
> DCMI-point.

I finally tracked down a useful reference:
http://dublincore.org/documents/2000/07/28/dcmi-point/

This definitely looks like a better starting point. Any recommendations
for adding the other attributes (postal code, state/province,
hometown/workplace/summer-home, etc)?

How about:

<point:Point name="Enterprise, AL">
<point:north>31.3</point:north>
<point:east>-85.85</point:east>
<rdf:Description>
<dc:description>Hometown</dc:description>
<contact:City>Enterprise</contact:City>
<contact:StateOrProvince>AL</contact:StateOrProvince>
<contact:Country>us</contact:Country>
<contact:PostalCode>36330</contact:PostalCode>
</rdf:Description>
</point:Point>

--
Ernest MacDougal Campbell III, MCP+I, MCSE <dougal at g...>
http://dougal.gunters.org/ http://spam.gunters.org/