marc at broadbandmechanics.com
Thu Jun 26 17:46:12 UTC 2003
I just read over this:
..which talks about photos and six degrees of connection. Have you
checked out Fotolog.net? I like the co-depiction photos thingie. I
noticed that the dim sum shots were taken behind the Hotel Krasnopolski
in Amsterdam. I don't have to tell you that my favorite 'coffee shop' is
I also wanted to reach out to you about FOAF in general. I had a great
time with Morten Fredericksen in Copenhagen last weekend and he said you
two are REALLY the FOAF folks to talk to.
1. I pleaded with him to have you set up a FOAF.org. I know, I know
- that you THINK that rdfweb.org is the same as foaf.org but in fact
2. I'd make you or Aaron Schwartz my friends - but I have to go
grok the difference between the approach Morten showed me and the
3. Which brings me to MY purpose for being here - which is actually
- think of me as a marketing guy.
- I take/look at technology and make it
plausible for humans. So case in point - I tell someone asks about
FOAF. They type in FOAF.org and get nothing. They then think "who are
these FOAF people, why don't they have FOAF.org?"
- I'm sure you're bombarded daily (in your
role as a W3C nerd) to make this semantic web stuff - more human
- I can help and FOAF is at a juncture (as
it's about to be supported by TypePad) - so NOW is the time to take this
to the next stage...
- So hanging around the mail list,
speaking up, pointing out key factors - will be my role..
- I'm an entrepreneur - a toolsmith - and we're
working on software that has many social implications. A new kind of
tool. A new paradigm of tools.
- I got a chance to show Morten what we're
- Hopefully we'll be able to leverage and
include FOAF in our plans
- I've been helping get something called
ThreadsML going.. (ask Danny Ayers about that..)
- We're also working on an 'OpenIdentity'
effort (more later)
- So I'm here and ready to rock...
4. Not sure if this letter gets me onto the mail list. Another case
in point. The way OTHER people do it - they have a statement which
"Here's our mail list" - "Here's what you have to do
to sign for the mail list."
It's little things like that that humans like...
5. Anway - don't wanna start off this relationship on the negative
side. This is exciting shit! I'm jazzed. Being a former best friend of
Dave Winer - and being someone who helped change the world - already -
puts me into a unique position to help you and to help me and to hold
hands and sing: "Kum bah yah"
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the foaf-dev