[rdfweb-dev] seeAlso's for FoaF documents

Dougal Campbell dougal at gunters.org
Mon Mar 3 16:41:16 UTC 2003

On Sat, 1 Mar 2003, Dan Brickley wrote:

> Ah maybe this is the issue?: my own FOAF files all include stuff like
>
> <foaf:Person>
>   <foaf:name>Dan Brickley</foaf:name>
>   <!-- blah blah etc -->
>   <rdfs:seeAlso rdf:resource="thisdoc.rdf"/>
> </foaf:Person>
>
> ...ie. i take care to assert that I'm described by each of my .rdf FOAF
> files, even within those files. So for me it is relatively easy to
> list all the (FOAF, if we add the new type) files that are about me.
>
> Am I the only one seeAlso'ing my own files?

I've been doing that in my own FOAF file for a while now. My main
reasoning was that if someone/something gathered my FOAF data, but
for some reason they didn't save a reference back to the original file,
they'd still have a reference back to the authoritative source.

--
Ernest MacDougal Campbell III, MCP+I, MCSE <dougal at gunters.org>
http://dougal.gunters.org/             http://spam.gunters.org/