[rdfweb-dev] Suggestion about FOAF vacabulary

Joe 10 joe at joe10.com
Fri May 2 22:18:33 UTC 2003

At 12:56 PM +0100 5/2/03, Libby Miller wrote:
[SNIP]
>You're right about people having several email addresses (and several
>people having the same address, although that possibility is ruled out
>by the definition of mbox). Another problem is that different people
>over time may have the same mail address (this happens at Bristol
>university, where they are recycled). This is ruled out too by the
>definition of mbox.

Unfortunately, from the users point of view, the definition of mbox
has no baring on the number of people associated with an email
address.

I'm feeling a bit Spinal Tap about this... Is "unambiguous" meant to
mean in some way "uniquely valid". If so, then an email address is
about as silly a value as one could ask for - especially when we have
access to the URI of each FOAF document which seems to me to be quite
unambiguous.

/Joe
--
Joe Tennis
Information Design Honcho
joe at joe10.com
http://www.joe10.com?cpn=sig
Interaction Design | Technical Communication | Research & Analysis
for Web, Wireless and Interactive Media