[rdfweb-dev] FOAF in company knowledge networks

Kartik Subbarao subbarao at computer.org
Tue Oct 21 00:58:58 UTC 2003

Thanks everybody for all of the insightful responses! All of the
discussion on trust relationships and ways of expressing taxonomies is
fascinating. There's a whole lot out there that I didn't know about, and
I will definitely read up on it some more.

I'm also wondering whether a freeform comments approach might be
complementary. Some types of comments/observations may not fit into
well-structured categories. Here, it would be up to intelligent search
engines to make sense of all of the freeform commentary and harvest
useful information.

Ultimately, I think it'll be great to have both. People can provide
specific ratings on the well-defined subject areas covered by
vocabularies like wordnet, dmoz.org, etc. Advogato and the like could
provide a useful framework for expressing trust frameworks. And for
other areas, freeform commentary can fill in the blanks.

You've given me some solid options to mull over. I may come back to you
all with some more specific questions (or for that matter, some more
general or even random questions :-) ), as we make progress with our
implementation.

Cheers,

	-Kartik