[rdfweb-dev] foaf:maker syntax question

Libby Miller Libby.Miller at bristol.ac.uk
Sat Sep 13 23:37:27 UTC 2003

hi Jim

actually I'd never seen that combination of constructs before but
according to

http://www.w3.org/RDF/Validator/ARPServlet

it doesn't work - you would either need to use the rdf:about="Jim"
rdf:resource="#Jim" contructs; or the nodeID ones. It's also slightly
wrong - you need to use the striped syntax - see below:

nodeID version:

> <rdf:RDF
>       xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#"
>       xmlns:rdfs="http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#"
>       xmlns:foaf="http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1#">
<rdf:Description rdf:about=""><!--this refers to the document itself-->
> <foaf:maker rdf:nodeID="Jim" />
</rdf:Description>

> <foaf:Person rdf:nodeID="Jim">
> <foaf:name>James Morris Nachlin</foaf:name>
>
> <foaf:knows>
> <foaf:Person>
> <foaf:name>Lucas Gonze</foaf:name>
> <foaf:mbox_sha1sum>a5bac82a92eadb58f027754cb2d64231602d218c</foaf:mbox_sha1sum>
> <rdfs:seeAlso rdf:resource="http://www.gonze.com/foaf.rdf"/>
> </foaf:Person>
> </foaf:knows>
>
> </foaf:Person>
> </rdf:RDF>

or

ID/resource version:

> <rdf:RDF
>       xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#"
>       xmlns:rdfs="http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#"
>       xmlns:foaf="http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1#">
<rdf:Description rdf:about=""><!--this refers to the document itself-->
> <foaf:maker rdf:resource="#Jim" />
</rdf:Description>

> <foaf:Person rdf:about="Jim">
> <foaf:name>James Morris Nachlin</foaf:name>
>
> <foaf:knows>
> <foaf:Person>
> <foaf:name>Lucas Gonze</foaf:name>
> <foaf:mbox_sha1sum>a5bac82a92eadb58f027754cb2d64231602d218c</foaf:mbox_sha1sum>
> <rdfs:seeAlso rdf:resource="http://www.gonze.com/foaf.rdf"/>
> </foaf:Person>
> </foaf:knows>
>
> </foaf:Person>