[rdfweb-dev] FOAF auto-discovery <link> attributes

Sami Haahtinen ressu at ressukka.net
Tue Sep 16 04:30:57 UTC 2003

On Mon, Sep 15, 2003 at 03:24:18PM -0400, Kevin Reid wrote:
> Given that FOAF is intended to provide "machine readable Web homepages",
> wouldn't rel="alternate" be more appropriate, as the FOAF file is an
> alternate form of the HTML document, not metadata about it (which is
> what rel="meta" implies to me)?

At first thought, i would have agreed also. But if you think of it,
rel="alternative" is used to define alterenative versions of the _same_
page, for example RSS, layoutless and so on. foaf doesn't really fit
this description. On the other hand, when you think of it some more what
foaf really does is, that it provides extra info about the page like:
author, author relations and so on.

Thus, i think (with ny non-enlightened head) that the meta tag is more
appropriate. Or some other <link/>, which would fit in too as it really
is a meta _link_ to another document..

Bah, now i completely obliterated my whole point..

 my 1snt, i'm broke,
    Sami

--
			  -< Sami Haahtinen >-
      -[ Notify immediately if you do not receive this message ]-