[rdfweb-dev] SubEthaSchema

Christopher Schmidt crschmid at uiuc.edu
Sun Aug 1 21:16:26 UTC 2004

I promised Kasei I'd offer him a working Schema for his road trip, in
which he can describe at least his location, and a time at which he was
at that location.

The current MeNow schema has a lot of problems. For one, the fact that
the Domain and Range of all properties and classes is a foaf:Person ;)

As such, I'm going to completely rework the schema. However, I
understand that this is a big task, and I'm really lazy ;)

So, what I've done is set up a SubEthaEdit document, which anyone can
edit. This is much like editing a document via a Wiki, except more
interactive.

At the moment, I've added all the information from the current schema to
the SEE document. Those of you with access to a wiki can edit the
document at:

see://207.22.18.137:6942/menow.rdf?documentID=977B0AD6-E3FC-11D8-BF1E-000D93B0BA44

Right now, I'm off to do some normal household things - food is, after
all, important in one's daily life :) I'm going to leave the document
and computer open, and anyone who wants to can edit the document.

The primary goal is to be able to use the MeNowDocument to describe a
location, and a time at which the person was at that location. Once
that's done, we can start to describe more.

My idea is to allow MeNowDocument's to be placed inside a foaf:Person:

<foaf:Person>
   <menow:hasMeNowDocument>
       <menow:MeNowDocument>
           <menow:location><gps:Point /></menow:location>
       </menow:MeNowDocument>
   </menow:hasMeNowDocument>
</foaf:Person>

This would allow a person to have multiple menowdocuments, documenting,
for example, the last 5 books the person was reading. At the same time,
we could have a smaller version as a seperate document:

<menow:MeNowDocument>
   <menow:creator><foaf:Person /></menow:creator>
   <menow:location><gps:Point /></menow:location>
</menow:MeNowDocument>

I've done my best to adhere to striping, but since I know so little
about RDF, I've probably messed up somehow ;)

Hopefully, even by myself, I can get this wrapped up and get it passed
on to Joel to be used in place of the current, relatively broken and
kind of unusable, schema ;)

Anyone who would like to help edit is free to. Any changes or
suggestions are welcome! Feel free to include TODOs, FIXMEs, or anything
else in the doc.

Thanks again!

--
Christopher Schmidt