[rdfweb-dev] Win32 compile of Redland/Raptor

Chris Pointon chrispo at adtoolsinc.com
Fri Aug 13 13:47:27 UTC 2004

Hi Shelley, Dave,

I managed to sort out the memory allocation problems with the Win32
build by changing the LIBRDF_ALLOC/FREE/CALLOC defines to use the raptor
allocation routines rather than malloc()/free(). I also built and ran
example1 of from the examples folder, using my FOAF URI as input.

At this point I'd like to duck out and hand it over to you. I don't have
time to do a 'true' port of all the options (MySQL, libwww etc), let
alone run all the tests and make sure the release builds are OK, but I
hope I might at least have broken the back of the Win32 work. Perhaps
Shelley can take it up where I left off???

I've zipped up my entire build directory (all 20MB) and put it on
http://dev.adtoolsinc.com/rdf.zip

It includes all the modules needed for the build (not just Redland, but
CURL, DB etc), within a top-level 'RDF' directory.

I've included notes on the build and the changes I made in Win32Port.txt
in the RDF directory, plus detailed change reports for the source files
I had to change to get the build working. I hope this will help you
merge my changes back into the master copy.

Dave, I couldn't get the Win32 raptor port you mentioned to build, so
I've included my own version of the public source, and I used that
rather than the copy in the redland directory for my builds.

Let me know if I can help any more. I got into doing this because I
couldn't bear it getting so close without success, but I really can't
commit much more time to it!

kind regards
Chris

Chris Pointon