[rdfweb-dev] Win32 compile of Redland/Raptor

Dave Beckett dave.beckett at bristol.ac.uk
Sun Aug 15 10:45:49 UTC 2004

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 09:47:27 -0400
"Chris Pointon" <chrispo at adtoolsinc.com> wrote:

> Hi Shelley, Dave,
> I managed to sort out the memory allocation problems with the Win32
> build by changing the LIBRDF_ALLOC/FREE/CALLOC defines to use the
> raptor allocation routines rather than malloc()/free(). I also built
> and ran example1 of from the examples folder, using my FOAF URI as
> input.
> At this point I'd like to duck out and hand it over to you. I don't
> have time to do a 'true' port of all the options (MySQL, libwww etc),
> let alone run all the tests and make sure the release builds are OK,
> but I hope I might at least have broken the back of the Win32 work.
> Perhaps Shelley can take it up where I left off???

Thanks a lot Chris, this will help a great deal.
> I've zipped up my entire build directory (all 20MB) and put it on
> http://dev.adtoolsinc.com/rdf.zip
> It includes all the modules needed for the build (not just Redland,
> but CURL, DB etc), within a top-level 'RDF' directory. 
> I've included notes on the build and the changes I made in
> Win32Port.txt in the RDF directory, plus detailed change reports for
> the source files I had to change to get the build working. I hope this
> will help you merge my changes back into the master copy.

I've merged all the raptor changes, most of the rasqal ones, and
will be doing redland next.  I've made some slight modifications
to preserve portability but the patches look great.
> Dave, I couldn't get the Win32 raptor port you mentioned to build, so
> I've included my own version of the public source, and I used that
> rather than the copy in the redland directory for my builds.


> Let me know if I can help any more. I got into doing this because I
> couldn't bear it getting so close without success, but I really can't
> commit much more time to it!

Thanks a lot again


More information about the foaf-dev mailing list