[rdfweb-dev] superclass of PersonalProfileDocument and inverse of primaryTopic

Reto Bachmann-Gmuer reto at gmuer.ch
Tue Dec 7 13:30:32 UTC 2004

Hello

Implementing KnoBot, I think I found a usecase for:

1) A superclass of PersonalProfileDocument which differs from
PersonalProfileDocument in that it does not require the
foaf:primaryTopic of the document to be the foaf:make of the document.
e.g. foaf:AgentProfileDocument

2) An inverse property of primaryTopic

My usage szenario:

In KnoBot contacts and users are createted using the foaf-vocabulary,
often the contacts do not have PPDs and do not enter themself. There is
an page that shows a list of all foaf-agents, the names should be links
to pages with more information about the contact. In normal browsers the
page is transformed to html by xslt-transformation over the rdf data
serialized as r3x. It would be easier both in the code extracting the
list of contacts and in the xslt, if there would be a mean to directly
relate the foaf-agent to a "ProfileDocument".
When a page is requested KnoBot chooses the code handling the request
depending on the type of the resource requested, if there was something
like "foaf:AgentProfileDocument" this would be the type to which code an
templates for dispalying a single contact could be associated, in facts
PersonalProfileDocumentts hardly need another handler.

Would be interested to hear if I've chose a wrong design approach, or if
there are reasons against introducing such a new Class and property, or
if others had similar problems.

cheers,
reto