[rdfweb-dev] sxip & foaf?

Marc Canter marc at broadbandmechanics.com
Wed Dec 8 07:27:26 UTC 2004

Hey Dude

Sxip and Dick Hardt are a thin 'authentication' layer - which only keeps
'GUPIs' around - and relies upon 'Homesites' to store meta-data and
end-user's content.

Through a distributed DNS-like infrastructure - Sxip enables end-users
to move their stuff from Homesites to 'Membersites' - with the Homesite
being responsible for not only storing, but also defining what that
meta-data and content is and what formats it's in.

So Sxip will support FOAF, but they'll also be supporting XFN, their own
format, inames and other dam format they can find.

I've cc:ed Dick on this message - so feel to get nerdy with Dick on
specifics - but as Libby said - Dick schlepped to Galway - just to klet
folks know about Sxip.  He's was a sponsor at Web 2.0 and Digital ID
World - and will be traveling - wherever it needed - to pull this off.

It's a very lightweight ID infrastructure e- getting itself out of the
way - so you FOAFnerds - can do your thang.

I'll stop here and let Dick take over the rap.

- marc