[rdfweb-dev] Grading the foaf:knows relationship

Julian Bond julian_bond at voidstar.com
Mon Feb 23 09:02:33 UTC 2004

Stephen Pollei <stephen_pollei at comcast.net> wrote:
>This reminds me a lot of pics( http://www.w3.org/PICS/ ) and in
>particular using rdf for pics. http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-pics
>
>It even has your min/max stuff plus other things like "at" "until" "by"
>"ratingservice" etc.

The second one looks like it's got everything we need here for defining
a rating service. What I can't see is how to include a statement within
some RDF(FOAF) for defining a rating of some object, that uses that
rating system[1].

Solve that problem and we get to the meta-problem. Defining one or more
Rating Services that multiple providers can use so that we can smush the
data.

[1]Is it possible in RDF to add a qualifier to <foaf:knows> without
sub-classing? Or am I just being stupid and it's
<foaf:knows qualifier="value">

Julian Bond Email&MSM: julian.bond at voidstar.com
Webmaster:                 http://www.ecademy.com/
Personal WebLog:          http://www.voidstar.com/
M: +44 (0)77 5907 2173      T: +44 (0)192 0412 433