[rdfweb-dev] rdf:ID vs rdf:nodeID

Graham Klyne GK at ninebynine.org
Sun Jul 11 09:48:14 UTC 2004

I'd say the main difference is that if you use rdf:nodeID="a", it cannot be
(directly) referenced from outside the graph in which it appears.  When
using rdf:nodeID="a", the name "a" is strictly local to the graph.

When merging graphs that contain rdf:nodeID="...", care must be taken to
rename the node identifiers so that the corresponding nodes from different
graphs are not combined (unless there is independent evidence that they
really do denote the same thing).

#g