[rdfweb-dev] parser pragmatics: Redland 4 win, Raptor in PHP?

Julian Bond julian_bond at voidstar.com
Tue Jul 20 17:55:57 UTC 2004

Shelley Powers <shelleyp at burningbird.net> wrote:
>Didn't somebody have a stripped down RDF PHP Parser? If we packaged
>that up for PEAR, wouldn't that suit the needs of this group? I can
>help with PEAR packaging if someone needs the help.

I took RAP, stripped out all the RDQL and database stuff as I wasn't
using it. Same for N3 support. And all the documentation. Then commented
out the relevant entries in RdfAPI.php. The end result was 144kb of
source.

But the real need is still for a compiled RDF parser as a PHP extension.
And a corresponding MS Win Extension DLL. In the same way as xmlrpc.inc
is great but the compiled xmlrpc-epi extension is better.

Julian Bond Email&MSM: julian.bond at voidstar.com
Webmaster:                 http://www.ecademy.com/
Personal WebLog:          http://www.voidstar.com/
M: +44 (0)77 5907 2173      T: +44 (0)192 0412 433