[rdfweb-dev] parser pragmatics: Redland 4 win, Raptor in PHP?

Julian Bond julian_bond at voidstar.com
Wed Jul 21 06:20:18 UTC 2004

Dave Beckett <dave.beckett at bristol.ac.uk> wrote:
>I expect you can compile it statically.  You do need an XML parser
>somewhere.  From what I see, you need a shared library/dll and maybe
>a php initialisation file to load it, set a few things up.

expat.dll ships with php. libxml seems to be compiled into the dom
extension.

>To repeat what I've said elsewhere - I presently have no MS Visual
>Studio licenses, MS Windows licenses or any related required software,
>or spare computers to install that in a safe fashion (that's real
>money needed).  At this time I do not want to take this on as well
>since the redland & related free software/open source work is the
>priority.

Has anyone got experience of doing this with cygwin? I'm curious to know
if you'd need a complete php build environment or just enough to build
the extension.

Julian Bond Email&MSM: julian.bond at voidstar.com
Webmaster:                 http://www.ecademy.com/
Personal WebLog:          http://www.voidstar.com/
M: +44 (0)77 5907 2173      T: +44 (0)192 0412 433