[rdfweb-dev] parser pragmatics: Redland 4 win, Raptor in PHP?

elijah wright elw at stderr.org
Fri Jul 23 17:23:20 UTC 2004

> What, you mean you all don't want to use expat?

hehehehe...

> I have found step by step instructions for creating the extension in
> Windows using VS 6.0. Dave's already provided the zend mapping with his
> PHP interface. And there are good examples among the extensions
> themselves. I know that Dave will help all he can, but since you've
> offered, if I run into problems, I'll also cc you with any questions.

ok.  i have access to a rather complete MS toolchain here (the university
has a site license), so perhaps i can hack together a machine to use for
ongoing builds...

> Basically more a matter of finding the right combinations of stuff and
> pushing the right combinations of buttons that don't generate smoke.
> Hopefully we'll have this up and running early next week. And then we'll
> need to test. Lots of testing.

*nod*

> I am assuming that the Unix side of this is taken care of, so am not
> worrrying about it.

i think that if you can get a winblows rdf-for-php extension going, a
unixoid version won't be very hard at all.

elijah