[rdfweb-dev] namespace versioning

Julian Bond julian_bond at voidstar.com
Wed Jul 28 18:27:57 UTC 2004

Ian Davis <iand at internetalchemy.org> wrote:
>Is your specific issue that the current relationship schema only
>declares http://purl.org/vocab/relationship/friendOf to be owl:sameAs
>http://www.perceive.net/schemas/relationship/friendOf ?

Kind of. Mostly it's that I'm using RAP to parse FOAF that might have
any of 3 (or 4) namespaces where the person generating the FOAF meant
the same thing. So I have to find a neat elegant way in the application
of treating them the same.

In some ways, this is a special case because all I'm interested in is
the existence of the namespace relation not exactly which relation there
is. In RAP I'm looking for
Primary Person : Any relationship : A Person

Another way of doing this would be to use model->findVocabulary for each
known relationship schema, append them together and then to do a find()
for any triples found in that, that have the primary person as the
subject. Then to get the predicate label.

Julian Bond Email&MSM: julian.bond at voidstar.com
Webmaster:                 http://www.ecademy.com/
Personal WebLog:          http://www.voidstar.com/
M: +44 (0)77 5907 2173      T: +44 (0)192 0412 433