[rdfweb-dev] Foafer firefox extension

Adrian Tritschler ajft at ajft.org
Thu Jul 29 04:26:46 UTC 2004

Joel De Gan wrote:
> Started playing around with firefox extensions and saying I do work with
> a lot of foafness, I built the following:
> http://peoplesdns.com/foafer/
>
> It is in pretty early beta and will be changing a lot over the next few
> weeks, but does work as it currently stands.

Firefox 0.9.1 on debian linux

It doesn't seem to find FOAF files that are referenced through a link in
the HTML HEAD.
<link rel="meta" type="application/rdf+xml" title="FOAF"
href="http://ajft.org/foaf.rdf" />

But found a file that was explicitly referenced on one page.

In displaying my FOAF file it displys the first "foaf:name" it finds in
the file, even though that happens to be someone else inside a foaf:knows.

> Basically, fishing for ideas/thoughts for/on it...
>
> At this point it simply just adds in very basic info, displays
> depictions, links to Foafexplorer and adds links to pages. There are a
> few issues that are not addressed with it, but this is not meant for
> everyday use.
>
> Cheers
	Adrian

ps. Does anyone know what's happened to geourl.org?  Lots of sites set
refer to it when parsing FOAFs, but geourl has been off the air for weeks.