[crschmid@uiuc.edu: Re: [rdfweb-dev] Foafer firefox extension]

Christopher Schmidt crschmid at uiuc.edu
Thu Jul 29 07:10:43 UTC 2004

Sent this to Adrian, rather than the list. So, Adrian, you're getting
this twice ;)

-- Chris

----- Forwarded message from Christopher Schmidt <crschmid at uiuc.edu> -----

From: Christopher Schmidt <crschmid at uiuc.edu>
To: Adrian Tritschler <ajft at ajft.org>
Subject: Re: [rdfweb-dev] Foafer firefox extension
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 02:56:58 -0400

On Thu, Jul 29, 2004 at 02:26:46PM +1000, Adrian Tritschler wrote:
> Joel De Gan wrote:
> >Started playing around with firefox extensions and saying I do work with
> >a lot of foafness, I built the following:
> >http://peoplesdns.com/foafer/
> >
> >It is in pretty early beta and will be changing a lot over the next few
> >weeks, but does work as it currently stands.
>
> Firefox 0.9.1 on debian linux
>
> It doesn't seem to find FOAF files that are referenced through a link in
> the HTML HEAD.
> <link rel="meta" type="application/rdf+xml" title="FOAF"
> href="http://ajft.org/foaf.rdf" />
>
> But found a file that was explicitly referenced on one page.

Known issue. I'll be giving Joel code to fix this "real soon now". :)

> In displaying my FOAF file it displys the first "foaf:name" it finds in
> the file, even though that happens to be someone else inside a foaf:knows.
>
> >Basically, fishing for ideas/thoughts for/on it...
> >
> >At this point it simply just adds in very basic info, displays
> >depictions, links to Foafexplorer and adds links to pages. There are a
> >few issues that are not addressed with it, but this is not meant for
> >everyday use.
> >
> >Cheers
> 	Adrian
>
> ps. Does anyone know what's happened to geourl.org?  Lots of sites set
> refer to it when parsing FOAFs, but geourl has been off the air for weeks.

Officially, no word about it.

Unofficially, it was a sideline project by someone who didn't have time to
run it anymore, and won't be coming back.

--
Christopher Schmidt
crschmidt at crschmidt.net

----- End forwarded message -----