[rdfweb-dev] Embedded html in FOAF

Julian Bond julian_bond at voidstar.com
Fri Jul 30 10:14:30 UTC 2004

I just had a Mark Pilgrim moment. ;-)

I was thinking about putting profile page information into <bio:olb>
This is cheating a bit because it's not really a One Line Biography.
perhaps there should be a <bio:mlb> for multi-line biography.

Typically people put a subset of html into these profiles so I'd want to
embed the html in the tag. The obvious thing to do is to escape special
characters (< & etc). But then we run into the whole RSS-Atom-Escaped
html nightmare. Should it actually be CDATA? Shortly after that I
started worrying about character sets before recoiling, muttering "the
horror, the horror".

Julian Bond Email&MSM: julian.bond at voidstar.com
Webmaster:                 http://www.ecademy.com/
Personal WebLog:          http://www.voidstar.com/
M: +44 (0)77 5907 2173      T: +44 (0)192 0412 433