[rdfweb-dev] Embedded html in FOAF

B.K. DeLong bkdelong at pobox.com
Fri Jul 30 14:02:57 UTC 2004

At 11:14 AM 7/30/2004 +0100, Julian Bond wrote:
>I just had a Mark Pilgrim moment. ;-)
>
>I was thinking about putting profile page information into <bio:olb> This
>is cheating a bit because it's not really a One Line Biography. perhaps
>there should be a <bio:mlb> for multi-line biography.

I agree - I'd like to see a much more "extended" biography that takes
CDATA/HTML. Can we add mlb?

I've hacked Wordpress to take "Profile" under the user Profile as OLB but
it would probably be better to be MLB.

>Typically people put a subset of html into these profiles so I'd want to
>embed the html in the tag. The obvious thing to do is to escape special
>characters (< & etc). But then we run into the whole RSS-Atom-Escaped html
>nightmare. Should it actually be CDATA? Shortly after that I started
>worrying about character sets before recoiling, muttering "the horror, the
>horror".

CData, I believe.

--
B.K. DeLong
bkdelong at pobox.com
+1.617.797.2472

http://bkdelong.mit.edu                       Work.
http://www.brain-stream.com               Play.
http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org        Potter.
http://www.city-of-doors.com               Sigil.
http://www.hackerfoundation.org          Future.
http://www.osvdb.org/                         Security.
http://www.wkdelong.org           Son.

PGP Fingerprint:
38D4 D4D4 5819 8667 DFD5  A62D AF61 15FF 297D 67FE

FOAF:
http://www.brain-stream.com/xml/foaf.rdf