[rdfweb-dev] Embedded html in FOAF

Ian Davis iand at internetalchemy.org
Fri Jul 30 15:46:42 UTC 2004

On 30/07/2004 15:02, B.K. DeLong wrote:
> At 11:14 AM 7/30/2004 +0100, Julian Bond wrote:
>
>> I just had a Mark Pilgrim moment. ;-)
>>
>> I was thinking about putting profile page information into <bio:olb>
>> This is cheating a bit because it's not really a One Line Biography.
>> perhaps there should be a <bio:mlb> for multi-line biography.
>

> I agree - I'd like to see a much more "extended" biography that takes
> CDATA/HTML. Can we add mlb?

I'd also like to add a more detailed biography. My policy with Bio is to
add things when the demand is there since it's almost impossible to undo
bad things later. bio:olb was a tiny useful chunk of functionality. I
strongly object to putting any kind of markup in there.

Rather than adding a bio:mlb property and having to face mixing xhtml
into foaf I'd rather create a property that points to an HTML version of
the bio.

The domain of the property would be foaf:Person and the range
foaf:Document. Any suggestions for appropriate names? The description of
what I have in mind is probably something like "A detailed human
readable biography of this person."

I'm off on holiday for 1 week starting tonight so I won't be able to
discuss this properly. But if there's any interest, I'll pick it up the
week after.

Ian