[rdfweb-dev] Tidy up your FOAF week

Morten Frederiksen mof-rdf at mfd-consult.dk
Thu Jun 17 21:58:04 UTC 2004

Hi,

On Thursday 17 June 2004 21:17, Christopher Allen wrote:
> > P.S. I'm looking for an an example of an IETF RFC as a doc -- anyone
> > have an RFC in their FOAF file?
> This is where I'm at right now:
>     <rdf:Description rdf:about="http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc2246.txt">
<snippage/>
>         <dc:creator rdf:resource=""/>
This looks wrong, as you are saying that the creator is the containing
RDF/XML document?

>         <dc:format>rfc2246; (&#38; (type='text/plain')
> (charset=US-ASCII) )</dc:format>
Hmm, the format should likely be just "text/plain" or possibly "text/plain;
charset=US-ASCII"?

> However, I have a problem -- the dc:creator is actually two people, myself
> (rdf:resource="") and Tim Dierks (rdf:nodeID="TimDierks"). I've not found
> any examples on how to do that.
Simply include two properties, one for each.

> Anyone have other examples of RFC documents, or other documents?
I would think there'd be a number of examples on the DC site?

> I also had someone send me an example that refered to a wn: namespace,
> xmlns:wn="http://xmlns.com/wordnet/1.6/" by Dan Brickley, but I really
> don't understand it's purpose. Are there any other document related schemas
> out there?
If you haven't already, check out www.schemaweb.info.

Regards,
Morten