[rdfweb-dev] General question about RDF in FOAF

Alex Kilpatrick AlexK at hcitraining.com
Mon Mar 1 17:54:26 UTC 2004

This question is more general than FOAF, but I think it is still
relevant to the group.  Let's say I want to use the FOAF RDF schema, but
I want to extend with a bunch of other stuff for my own use.  How should
I handle the namespaces in that case?  For example, if I want to add
(silly example) a relationship called "favorite food".  I assume I
wouldn't use:

<foaf:favoriteFood>

because that is not part of the published schema.  Would I instead use
something like this:

<myCustomfoaf:favoriteFood>

Any advice is appreciated.

Alex