[rdfweb-dev] Mobile Plink

Dom Ramsey dom at dynamite.co.uk
Tue Mar 2 16:06:48 UTC 2004

I haven't had a lot of time to work on Plink lately, but I have just
added what I think is a cool feature that people may be interested in.

It's an SMS interface to the Plink (currently only works for people in
the UK though).

To try it, text:

plink bio dom at dynamite.co.uk
to 83248   (texts cost 25p)

...and you'll get a mini-bio of me (name, city, country, bioOlb,
bioKeywords).

You can try any email address of a person that Plink knows about. I'll
be adding a lot more functionality to this shortly. One thing I'd like
to do is to be able to have a phone book lookup service - you SMS a name
or email address, and Plink automatically updates your mobile phone with
their name/phone number, etc.

Comments? Suggestions? Flames about the potential commercial use of FOAF
data? :)

--
Dominic Ramsey