[rdfweb-dev] Extending a schema

Ian Davis iand at internetalchemy.org
Mon Mar 8 22:14:31 UTC 2004

Hi Alex,

On Monday, March 8, 2004, 10:00:29 PM, Alex Kilpatrick wrote:
> I'm also using the Drive C# RDF parser, and it seems to do the same
> thing.
It's normal to have these duplicates - they don't change the meaning
of your RDF.

> I can work around this, but I was wondering if I doing something wrong.
> I know normally people provide additional schema definitions (like bio)
> as independent schemas.  But since I am trying to reason about the
> schema itself, I can't do this.
From what you've included in your email it looks like you're doing
this right. RDF schemas are just RDF documents so you can include any
properties you like. I do something similar to this with my VANN schema
(http://purl.org/vocab/vann) which assists the generation of the
schema documents at http://purl.org/vocab/bio.

Ian

--