[rdfweb-dev] Relationship Schema Updated

Ian Davis iand at internetalchemy.org
Sat Mar 13 08:41:56 UTC 2004

Hi Taral,

On Friday, March 12, 2004, 8:26:33 PM, Taral wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 12, 2004 at 04:56:30PM +0000, Ian Davis wrote:
>> Eric Vitiello's relationship schema has a new home at
>> http://purl.org/vocab/relationship/

> Looks really nice. Just one thing, some of the subproperties could be
> changed to take more advantage, e.g. closeFriendOf could be a SP of
> friendOf instead of just knows.

We tried not to impose any hierarchy on the properties although I can
see how the example you cite is a good candidate. Some social
networking services (PeopleAggregator springs to mind) have a strict
hierarchy of closeness of relationship but I think it's too subjective
to model in a binary fashion.

Ian

--
http://internetalchemy.org | http://purl.org/NET/iand