[rdfweb-dev] RE: FOAF-interest usage

Masahide Kanzaki post at kanzaki.com
Mon Mar 15 02:03:37 UTC 2004

Hi Leigh,

At 8:59 PM +0000 04.3.14, Leigh.Dodds at ingenta.com wrote:
>I've never been particular comfortable with foaf:interest,
>mainly because of it's range of foaf:Document. I'm not interested
>in a document, but a subject.
>
>Personally, I think to achieve what Ben wants requires another
>class, e.g:
>
><foaf:interest>
>  <eg:Interest>
>     <dc:title>Cars</dc:title>
>     <dc:description>I like exotic cars</dc:description>
>     <dc:subject>ferrari, lamborghini</dc:subject>
>  </eg:Interest>
></foaf:interest>

I guess 'foaf:topic_interest' is the property for this purpose. Hmm, but it
is "a candidate for removal" according to the spec ...

I personally agree that it is more intuitive to use 'foaf:interest' for
general resource rather than a document.

--
KANZAKI, Masahide a.k.a. masaka
http://kanzaki.com/info/webwho.rdf