[rdfweb-dev] RE: IMP schema thoughts

Jeremy Gray jeremy at jeremygray.ca
Tue Mar 16 20:58:21 UTC 2004

Re: "Nope, not text based." hehe. Well, so much for that approach, assuming
for the moment that the format isn't publically documented. :(

Re: the GIMP & oft-requested macro-type features - that's unfortunate.

Re: translation/convertor - if the formats were publically available, it
should be a relatively trivial exercise (ignoring fundamental capability
differences, of course) to translate between each application-specific
format and a neutral RDF-based one. I even know of an RDF-based data
integration vendor whose product could be used to implement and readily
expand such a translation facility :D, though the product might be a bit
heavy-handed for the purpose. Could be used by a server-based tool, however,
that allowed people to post and share such scripts, automatically
translating between the various application-specific formats.

Jeremy