[rdfweb-dev] Clay Shirky - Relationship

Marc Canter marc at canter.com
Wed Mar 17 00:10:29 UTC 2004

Right on for the vocab and for your response to Mr. Curmudgeon Shirky.

Folks like him don't make software - they just bitch about it.  Neither
do Ms. Boyd or Mr. Weinberger - though they don't like 'explicit'
relationships, they're yet to come up with an alternative.

So yes - along as we don't expect you to be perfect and to have to use
ALL kinds of relationships, I think your and Ian's approach is right on.

We'll be supporting it in the PeopleAggregator.

Ideally anybody - including the Tribe (I'm sitting in their office right
now), LiveJournal, TypePad, the AlwaysOn Zaibatsu, Ecademy or the super
secret Ziff-Davis project I've been working on - should be able to
contribute relationship types.

The more merrier actually.

- Marc