[rdfweb-dev] Question about bio schema

Alex Kilpatrick AlexK at hcitraining.com
Fri Mar 19 17:11:00 UTC 2004

> There's bio:event the property and bio:Event the class.
>
> The bio:Event class is the base for other event classes.

Oh, ok.  Like and abstract class.

> A person is linked to a bio:Event (or sub class) through a
> bio:event property,

OK, got it.  I keep wanting to think in terms of regular object-oriented
design.  I keep making this mistake, because I am not thinking in terms
of graphs.  I think I am going to write a tutorial -- RDF for the
object-oriented programmer.

However, I think that the predicates could be named a little more
expressively.  I always avoid having something that is the same name
except for the case of a letter.  Instead of 'event', why not
'experienced' or 'experienceEvent' or 'hadEvent' or something like that?

Alex