[rdfweb-dev] Zopto Open Registration

Danny Ayers danny666 at virgilio.it
Sun Mar 28 11:33:47 UTC 2004

Great!

I just signed up, most things seemed to work ok.
Couple of bits of flakiness: my address got forgotten, the image upload
script just gave an error.

The RDF in the generated FOAF [1] seems a little iffy:

The validator [2] gives an error and a few warnings:

[[[
Error: {E201} Unusual Syntax error when processing general start element
tag. Encountered general start element tag Was expecting one of: XML
ELEMENT CONTENT end element tag [Line = 21, Column = 4]

Warning: {W101} Unqualified use of rdf:type has been deprecated.[Line =
15, Column = 25]
]]]

This is due to :

<phone type="mobile"/>

which completely trips the validator.

There isn't a foaf:phone property or class, is there? (If not, why not?!)

I think your best bet might be to have two simple properties, something like:

<xxx:phone>1234</xxx:phone>
<xxx:mobilePhone>4321</xxx:mobilePhone>

and then there's the use of xhtml:link - what's going on there?

But this aside, it's looking good!

Cheers,
Danny.

[1] http://www.zopto.com/foaf.asp?id=9838
[2] http://www.w3.org/RDF/Validator/

Ben Nolan wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>For anyone interested - Registration is now open on Zopto - so if you
>want to see what a foaf-powered social networking application can look
>like - try it out at www.zopto.com.
>
>Cheers,
>Ben Nolan
>
>Director, Ripcord Technology