[rdfweb-dev] FOAF Properties Cardinality

Laurent Hausermann lhauserm at naema.org
Tue Mar 30 14:43:42 UTC 2004

Hi all,

I am quite new to FOAF and Semantic Web, so excuse me if I ask for a
"silly" question :

I am currently developping a small application (C#/ Mono / GTK# based )
to read/write/manage FOAF file and I want to design a "Person" class
with all the FOAF Property.
Looking at some FOAF description of many people and at the specs, I
can't understand how many times a property could be included in a FOAF
document.

Example : foaf:name seems to be "unique" but non mandatory whereas you
could have many foaf:nick or foaf:mbox (which is quit normal)...

Do you plan to restict the number of some properties (like name,
firstname, surname) in a foaf:Person ? Or should I consider that every
property could be included twice or more in foaf:Person ?

Regards,

Laurent