[rdfweb-dev] FOAF Properties Cardinality

Ian Davis iand at internetalchemy.org
Tue Mar 30 15:44:47 UTC 2004

Hi Laurent,

On Tuesday, March 30, 2004, 3:43:42 PM, Laurent Hausermann wrote:

> Do you plan to restict the number of some properties (like name,
> firstname, surname) in a foaf:Person ? Or should I consider that
> every property could be included twice or more in foaf:Person ?
You should expect any number of any property in FOAF.

The way these things are restricted in RDF is by using OWL (Web
Ontology Language). OWL lets you set ranges on the numbers of a
particular property allowed. The current schema for FOAF doesn't
include any cardinality restrictions or functional properties (max/min
cardinality = 1)

Ian

--
http://internetalchemy.org | http://purl.org/NET/iand